Friday, May 30, 2014

Culture Clash


Purpose:

• To create a Clash of Cultures by creating your own Photo montage, combining images from Beijing, China and Yarmouth, Maine, USA;
• To further develop your Photoshop knowledge and skills;
• To create a "surreal" landscape by montaging a variety of photos;
• To know, use, and understand the Four Collage Techniques to use in your Photo Montage: juxtaposition/fragmentation, point of view, scale change, overlapping

When our class was first granted this assignment, I was a little worried to say the least. I had never used Photoshop before, and I know that learning the ins and outs of technology for the first time isn't exactly my forte. However, once I gave it a go, I came to realize how much I love using this application; it is so fun! After I understood how to use the eraser and transformation key, I was pretty much golden. There were definitely other tools that were very useful for this project that I didn't know how to use at first. In this case, I would "phone-a-friend" and ask former graphic design student, Maddie for some help. Even beyond the walls of this classroom, this application will be of great use. I'm so glad I got to learn how to navigate Photoshop through this fun and creative project.


No comments:

Post a Comment