Thursday, June 12, 2014

Memorable Experience



My most memorable experience I have from this class was working on our photoshop Culture Clash assignment. What I loved most about this project is that there were very few limitations. I got to pick any pictures off the Ning that I found interesting, got to place them any which way upon my chosen background, and got to crop, erase, and rotate them in ways I saw best fit. This project was all about experimentation. I was not familiar with Adobe Photoshop before beginning this Culture Clash assignment. However, within just a few minutes, I was able to navigate this application somewhat easily. I had a great time showing depth, layering, and most of all, playing with the opacity. There were some objects that I spent a good amount of time editing, but I ended up putting the opacity to such a high percentage that they ended up being difficult to spot in the end picture. For example, in the top righthand corner, there is a spider web. You may have a hard time seeing it, but if you look carefully, it's there. That's what I loved about this project though. I was the creator, and I got to choose how I wanted my overall Culture Clash to look like. Although editing that spider web took was tedious, it was worth it. I really like the subtlety of it. All in all, this was a very beneficial project. What is great about this program is that I now know how to use it and will definitely use it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment